Startup Weekend Ames, November 20-22nd at Gerdin.
Startup Weekends are 54-hour events where students, developers, designers, marketers, product managers and startup enthusiasts come together to share ideas, form teams, build products, and launch startups!
Want to know something cool about this weekend's event if you choose to participate?
You will be part of movement where 230+ Startup Weekend events will be going on simultaneously around the globe for Global Entrepreneurship Week! If your team wins the big cheese and comes out on top, you can move on in the Global Startup Battle tournament. In fact, 5 cities across Iowa will be hosting Startup Weekend events--putting Iowa on the map for being one amazing community of entrepreneurs!
Student tickets (open to all colleges and universities, any level), $50. Register by Nov. 9th for a chance to win an iPad Mini! http://ames.up.co/events/7639
Professionals/community members, $75 early bird ticket till Nov. 9th. Prices go up to $99 after Nov. 9th. http://ames.up.co/events/7639
Who attends a Startup Weekend event?
• Business builders + community champions who know the importance of supporting entrepreneurs followed by the opportunities that exist or come to fruition.
• Intrapreneurs within already mature companies who can share their field of expertise and bring forth innovation. That's you: creatives, artists, engineers/developers, project managers, accountants, and marketers.
• Entrepreneurs as there is no harm to tinker at a new idea or something you've been keeping quiet for a while, deciding if you should pursue or not!
• Students who bring the breath of life to ideas or the energy that makes great teams soar. Open to all college & universities students, at any level. This is not just an ISU event!
• The 'new to town' community member who likely is just curious about the whole startup & entrepreneurial scene. And there's nothing wrong with just wanting to meet other like-minded people!
This is the Age of Entrepreneurship. Start something. We dare you.