Need someone who has your back? Or five? Let’s chat about outsourcing work, building co-founder agreements, and managing human resources.
We collected a few cliff notes from our “I Need Help: Building an A-Team” session just in case you couldn’t make it, but we’ve linked the recording below for your viewing pleasure as well.
- Ways to grow your team include adding a co-founder, intern, part-time, full-time or seasonal employees, hiring a freelancer or virtual assistant.
- You should consider hiring or outsourcing if:
- There are tasks that you don’t enjoy and regularly put off
- There are tasks that take you a long time to complete because you don’t have expertise
- There are areas of your business that are not your strengths
- You’ve reached capacity and have to turn away business
- You need a specific skillset
- You spend all your time working in your business instead of on your business
- Before posting a job listing, consider how much time you’re spending on the tasks you’d assign to an additional person. Write out all of the steps a task takes to complete to set a fair expectation for how much they will be able to complete.
- Share your job listing
- On your company social media channels
- On your company website
- On your LinkedIn page
- With your network
- With your email list/supporters
- Share with current employees
- Clay & Milk (For Iowa startups)