The Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) is a global business network that enables business owners to learn from each other, leading to greater business success and an enriched personal life. EO’s vision is to build the world’s most influential entrepreneur community, which aligns with its mission of supporting entrepreneurial education and engaging entrepreneurs to learn and grow.
The EO IOWA FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM provides an opportunity for a limited number of Iowa college students and recent graduates to engage with EO mentors who will assist the fellow in achieving growth for his or her business with the goal of becoming a full EO member ($1 million in revenue). Individuals accepted into the program will commit to a two-year program. www.eonetwork.org/iowa
* Currently enrolled junior, senior, graduate student or recent graduate of Iowa post-secondary institution
* If no longer a student, individual must be less than 30 years of age at the time of application
* Business with the potential to be scalable to $1 million in revenue
* Business located in Iowa with intentions of remaining in the state
* Individuals may apply (not teams); teams should select one individual to represent his/her company
* Business must currently be generating revenue (i.e. have filed a tax return)
Expectation for Participation:
* Engage in regular goal setting with EO Mentors and willingness to work diligently toward those goals
* Commitment and accountability toward business growth
* Regularly attend EO Mentorship Meetings/Training Sessions (approximately 5/year)
* Participate in monthly one-to-one calls with EO Mentor
* Attend and give short update on business progress at the EO Annual Meeting
* Attend at least one EO Member Event during the course of the year
Advantages of Participation in the EO Mentorship Program:
* Develop clear business mission and vision
* Align thought process more as “owner” as opposed to “employee”
* Connections/referrals gained through association with EO members
* Experience limited to 6-8 students per year
* A planned two-year program with up to 4-5 individuals selected each consecutive year
* Each year long program will focus on the following:
1) Mission, Vision, and Values
4) Sales and Marketing
5) Leadership and Culture
First year fellows will focus on initial phases of each of these units.
Second year fellows will focus on refining their business models.
Suggested/required reading material will be included in the program.
August 26th, 2018 Applications Due
August 27- September 3rd Applications Reviewed by JPEC Statewide Committee
September 3rd Recommendations Submitted to EO for Final Selection
September 6th Fellows Announced
Mid/Late September Program Start (actual date TBA)