The Reiman Scholars in Entrepreneurship is a premier experience-based learning program. Demonstrate a strong interest in working in an entrepreneurial environment and you can intern with startups and new ventures in various fields. Internships take place at the ever-expanding, ISU Research Park.
The Reiman Scholars in Entrepreneurship is an experience-based learning program. The program was initially funded in 1997 by a grant from the Kauffman Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership and was later endorsed with a significant gift from Roy and Bobbi Reiman in 1999.
Funding for the internship program has also been gifted from Madolyn Johnson (2002) and Jack & Diane Harrington (2009).
Internships involve a short training period with Center staff and partner organizations to learn basic skills in:
- Business Plans
- Financing a Business and Cash Flow
- Marketing Research
- Intellectual Property
Following a brief training, interns are placed in actual start-up companies for the internship experience. In the start-up company, interns are exposed to a broad range of company management, product development, and marketing aspects of the business.
Interns are required to prepare a written report and give an oral presentation at a closing program outlining the lessons learned and experiences gained during the internship experience at a closing program.
- Fall and spring interns work a minimum of 10 and up to 20 hours per week and complete 160 hours of service during the employment period.
- Summer interns work 40 hours per week and complete 400 hours of service during the employment period.
- Interns become employees of the ISU Pappajohn Center and are paid bi-monthly throughout the course of the program.
Reiman Student Intern Eligibility
- Students must be currently enrolled as a full time undergraduate or graduate student of Iowa State University, in any major, and of junior, senior, or graduate status while serving in an internship.
- Students may not be employed by ISU (including assistantships) during the internship period.
- Interviews and placements will occur at the beginning of the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
Reiman Scholars in Entrepreneurship Internship Application
Please note: Must be currently registered ISU student to apply. There is no time limit to complete this application and can save and come back. Upon submitting your application, you will see a page confirming reception of your application.